Saturday, November 24, 2012

30 Days of Thanksgiving-Day 24


Today I am grateful for promptings/still small voice/quiet thoughts/whatever you may call them. I went to visit an old friend here in Fillmore, but when I knocked on the door, nobody answered. As I started to drive home the thought came to me to go visit another friend-one of my very, very best friends. There was a group of 4 or 5 of us that always hung together growing up, and she was one of them. I pulled up in the driveway and she came to greet me at the van. She said she was just on her way to the skate park where another friend of our group was with her kids. I don't get to see her often as she lives in another state, and I had never met her youngest 3 kids.
We had SO. MUCH. FUN! Unfortunately I did not have my camera, so you get a taste of my drawing skills instead...and the scanner didn't get it all, so whatever. As you can see there are a lot of little kids all the same age. They were all running around and sliding on the ramps and playing with cars and balls and bikes, etc. I loved it. I loved that I was able to see my friends, and see all the kids playing together. I'm grateful that we have the opportunity to receive small promptings in our lives.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!!
    So so fun to see you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it cool that the Lord will prompt us in the smallest things like this. You'd think he would be too busy for these little things. But he isn't and it goes to show how much he loves us! Thanks for sharing! You are an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so happy to see you!!! It had been way too long. Your picture is adorable :) I need to get your phone number so I can call you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Older Posts