If you are a dreamer, come in,
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer…
If you’re a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!
-Invitation-Shel Silverstein
I LOVE books. I have always loved reading. Pictured above are two of my favorites. And if you follow me at all on facebook, then you know Les Miserables is dearer to me than any other book in the world. You can find extraneous information about my love of books below if you so choose. Otherwise, stop reading….NOW!
I love fiction; I tolerate non-fiction. You see, I was the little girl that had a poster of a unicorn/Pegasus flying through purple and pink stars and clouds on my door growing up. There is still a small part of me that believes they have to be real-haha! I love reading fiction and fairy-tale and non-sense. I love using my imagination to picture how everything and everyone in the book appears (until they make an under-budget movie that makes me switch teams from whom I preferred in the book because the acting is so horrible). I recently finished the book “The Night Circus”. I LOVED IT! It is all about magic, and I kept wishing that the elements inside could be real-that there really could be a circus which never ended. I was looking on the author’s website to see if she had written any other books and found the Shel Silverstein poem above. I thought it appropriate for how I feel about books. I think sometimes I get too involved, and delve too deeply in them. Oh well. Maybe I am crazy, or maybe I just know the true, fine art of really enjoying a good book
Oh, and writing a novel is on my bucket list. We’ll see. I have very little patience and self-diagnosed ADD. But someday…that would be a dream come true.
The End
No comments:
Post a Comment