Well, it finally happened; my little boy turned 3 years old! I can’t even believe it! He doesn’t look so much like a toddler anymore…he looks more like a little school-aged boy everyday. (sigh). That’s ok- we’ve had fun!!!
The night before Rob made a run to Zurchers and picked up Mason’s balloons. Isn’t this big one wicked-awesome?! We snuck in his room and left it so he would see it first thing in the morning…
We also decorated the kitchen in streamers and balloons. Morgan liked it:
The next morning we could hear Mason saying “It’s my birthday! It’s my happy birthday!”. hahahaha! He was sooo excited!!! We sang to him, gave him loves, took this video, and then got him ready for his birthday party :)
The morning ended up being rainy and grey, but no biggie. We just packed up our things and headed to the church. My wonderful friend Taryn had told me about a deal one day where you could rent a bouncy house for a SCREAMIN’ deal! So I did. And it was soooo worth it! The “castle” was a BIG hit :)…at least I think it was… We also taped some butcher paper on the floor and let the kids color with crayons, markers, stamps, glitter, stickers, you name it. There was also craft projects, balls, play dough, a table of puzzles, dress-up clothes and cars (thanks Janel!), and a pinata!
Rob was a real trooper and kept the kids laughing and screaming by “scaring” them through the windows of the castle.
The party wore us all out (except for Mason of course), so we came home and had little cat-naps while Mason watched Thomas the Train. Afterwards, and because it was Mason’s birthday and he was in charge, we went and rode a train. haha! We stopped at Farmington and hopped on the crosswalk which goes over the tracks. Next we walked into the first store we came to: Gordmans. It was awesome!!! It had everything in there! Like…literally. Mason and Rob had a duel to the death with light sabers. After the duel we hopped the train again (actaully, we had to RUN) and headed home.
By this time in the day we were hungry. Since I am an eating out brat (and since we had already had Mason’s favorite) I made us go to the Brick Oven. So, so yummy. Since it was Mason’s birthday, his dinner and dessert were free. And because no trip to Layton is complete without a trip to the “noot” store, we also went to Krispy Kreme. hee hee! Mason LOVES those things; and he loves to watch them go up the elevator and down the platform and under the glaze waterfall. Very good entertainment.
We then came home, opened presents and played with them for a little while. One such present was a helicopter. Rob wanted to see just how high it could go. Turns out it will land in the very top of your neighbors tree if you let it. Don’t worry- we got it back. :)
And of course there were phone calls from loved ones:
Rob and I had a lot of fun. We hope Mason did too. We think he did. Next year there will not be a big-to-do though, I think. We’ll see…. ;)
(Yes, I decided just to post this now. I’ll do a separate post with the nice pictures and with the guest list-so I feel like I’m keeping a complete journal-later.)
That looks like the most fun birthday ever!!!
ReplyDeleteWill you come throw me a party for my birthday? That sounds like so much fun!!! You are awesome!
ReplyDeleteJen I would LOVE to throw a party for you!!! A week from Monday, right? ;) I wish you were here so we could get together. Or, I wish I were there- either way. I miss you! And you are the awesome one- every time I get on your blog I'm blown away by your gorgeous pictures and all the fun activities you guys do. Take care- and thanks for letting me stalk you on your blog :)
Delete