Friday, May 4, 2012

Yes, I think this is blogworthy…

Last night as I was walking across the room downstairs I heard and felt a very chilling “crunch” under my feet. I looked down to see that my favorite (and only) pair of glasses had- in an instant -become completely annihilated. (Apparently cheap metal and plastic don’t do well under the tiny amount of weight my slight figure holds-and no, I’m not sure how they got on the floor). Much like my glasses, I was crushed. I had had them for almost 6 years. There is only ONE other thing of any value I’ve been able to keep track of and/or not break for longer than that, and that is my wedding ring. I had even received several compliments on them; they made me so proud! It was late and everyone else was in bed, so I gently laid them on the table and went up to fall asleep.

This morning I wanted to go run some errands. For legal (and safety reasons) I’m always supposed to have either contacts or glasses when I drive. I tried to put my contacts in but my eyes were just too dry.  So, I did the next best thing. I picked up my glasses; bended them back into the closest thing I thought represented what they used to look like; duct taped the broken pieces back together, cleaned the lenses best I could, then snapped them back in. I put them on and went on my way. And you know what? It was ok because they only looked pretty  bad instead of horribly, terribly bad. ;)

Boondocks (24)

1 comment: