Saturday, May 5, 2012

One Wonderful Week: Part Two

Monday Grandma didn’t have to work, so we got to hang out with her. :) We went to the store and rented “Winnie the Pooh” which Mason has recently become completely enamored with…, got treats, played with our neighbor friends,

Group 139 Group 141  Group 129

and went to the….cemetery! Ok, maybe that sounds weird, but honestly cemeteries are one of my most favorite places in the world. They are usually very beautiful and so peaceful. I find it fascinating to see when people lived, who they married, and the names of their children. Also, who lost babies, who died young, and who made it to old age. Mason and Morgan found their name:

Group 065 Group 064

They found some flowers and pinwheels:

Group 063 Group 061 Group 062

We found a daughter of Parley P. Pratt:

Group 069 

And Mason found a flag which he shamelessly stole and ran around the cemetery with:

Group 067 Group 068Don’t worry…I put it back.

Tuesday was Grandpa’s turn to hang out with us. We rode in the big truck to the dump, and to a creek to throw rocks. Mason, of course, had to find the biggest possible boulder he could pick up. I honestly don’t know how he didn’t throw himself into the water:

Group 102 Group 093Group 080 Group 087    

We also took a ride up the canyon. We stopped near the top of the road and got out so grandpa could chase butterflies. You have no idea how much I wish I would’ve thought to get a video… He didn’t catch a butterfly, but he did catch this lizard just moments after I took this picture!:

Group 122 Group 120 Group 121

Next we went to some friends who had just had baby sheep born. In this picture Morgan is having a stand-off with the dog. Eventually he decided he wanted to pet him…

Group 117 Group 106 Group 110 Group 112

That night Mason and grandma made cookies :)

Group 143

It was such a FUN, LONG weekend!!! And like all good things, this too had to come to an end. Wednesday morning we packed up to come home. First, though, we stopped and met Nana Strong at This is the Place. Mason and Morgan LOVE IT! Sorry, she has all the pictures, except these couple from my phone:

0502121514 0502121512 

Thursday night was our only night together as a family, so we went and did something fun :)

Boondocks (17) Boondocks (15)

And now we have come around again to Friday…

Now this next part has no pictures or children, although it does have puppies… so don’t feel obligated to read.

Friday about 4pm my cute neighbor came over to watch the kids til Rob came home, and I jumped into the car with a very dear, and long time friend. We drove up to Idaho Falls to have a night out with another long-time mutual friend. (When I say long time, I mean about 20 yrs long…). The three of us met each other at “diabetic camp”-hee hee! I like to think of us as the Three Musketeers. His wife, and another friend of Kel’s, also met up with us.  I was spitting coke from laughing hard before the entrees even arrived! It was so wonderful. I knew my kids were safe at home with their dad, and I was with people who knew me better than just about anybody else. For some reason they also think everything I say is hilarious, and this makes me feel all warm and fluffy inside.  I won’t state everything we did (mostly just visiting). We came home this afternoon. The entire way home Kel and I listened, sang, and cried to Les Mis. I don’t think there is anybody else on this earth I could have done that with (except maybe my baby sister). It was wonderful. It was just what I needed. And I am the luckiest girl in the world to have a husband who is so willing to let me have these outings, and best friends who will take me. It has been ONE WONDERFUL WEEK!!!

1 comment:

  1. You guys always do the funnest things. Cool thing that Isabella E. Pratt and Franklin A. Robison are my great great great grandparents.

    ReplyDelete