Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Playhouse

After years (or maybe weeks) of searching we finally found a swing set/playhouse for Mason. It began with an hour drive to Tremonton, two and a half hours of disassembly, and then a tedious hour-or-so drive back to Roy (that much lumber in the back of an old truck can make for some dangerous conditions if not handled correctly). A few days later Rob’s family was kind enough to come up and help us put the main A-frame together. We found that an A-frame, does not a playhouse make, so a week later my dad and Clayton sacrificed their Saturdays to come help us finish it up. 0807001232

Sunday evening we took Mason out to try it. I’m sad I didn’t have a decent camera, but I don’t think even the best camera could have captured the true and pure joy that was on Mason’s face as he went running around the platform and up and down the slide and swinging on his swings. His face was glowing from being in little boy heaven! He was so funny because from that height he can see the into the neighbors backyard where they have a pond and….dogs… (Mason’s favorite and only word). He just kept pointing and laughing and smiling! Then he would run to the other end where I was standing on the ground and peer through the slats in the wood down at me and just smile and giggle because he was up higher than mommy and daddy. He also mastered the slide, going down AND UP! I was completely shocked!!! I didn’t know he could do that…he’s just always been such a cautious little boy. But, slides must be climbed, even if that was never their original intent. I hope these videos work. If not, then I guess it will just have to be imagined. Again, I wish I had a good camera!!! (Never fear, we did order one finally). 0808001946 08080019120808001913 0808001916 0808001924





Thank you SOOOOO much to our family for helping us with this project!!!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun, fun thing! Such a cute kid! I'm jealous of the swing set. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I'm sure your family will enjoy that for many many years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun. I think the description of Mason's reaction is so cute. What a nice mommy and daddy he has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaron says," to get Mason a parachute, so he can jump." And,"It's a good thing Darwin was there to supervise my dad & Rob with power tools."

    Fun stuff! We'll have to come play on it! Mason look like he has a blast with it. He climbs SO fast! Oh man, we miss you guys! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete