Well, on Tuesday my baby sister turned 23, and yesterday I spent the day with her, Mason, mom and dad before she got on an airplane to fly to New York for a year! She is going to be a nanny for four kids. Wow- good luck! We shopped in the morning and each got us a new outfit. Dad was kind enough to watch Mason. We went to iceburg (best shakes EVER) for lunch and then spent the rest of the day at Clark Planetarium and the Gateway Mall. You are probably wondering if a baby can enjoy himself at a planetarium; well he can :) There were giant bouncy balls, hundreds of stairs, moon and martian walks, and a giant wire thing that circled colored balls around…ok…I’m not sure how to explain it. You just have to have seen it before to know what I’m talking about. If it had been up to him, Mason would have spent the ENTIRE day watching the balls spin around and drop down through the metal, spiral swirls. We also went to a couple of shows in the IMax 3D theater, and in the globe theater. That is quite an experience! I got sick because it makes you feel like you’re moving and spinning and dropping and… anyway…. I digress. We did some more shopping at the Gateway and oh! The whole day was heaven for a space-geek, shoppy-girly-girl like me!!! Unfortunately, I only have a couple of pictures that I was able to take with my phone. We seem to have lost our camera charger so I’m not sure when I’ll be able to get good pictures again. Sorry.
As you can see, the day just wore poor little Mason out…
For dinner we spent a long time driving…ok, I’m going to skip this part because mostly it was just a lot of frustration and Mason crying and no parking, etc, etc. We ended up at Olive Garden which is a family favorite of mine. About 8pm we finished and I hugged Sav goodbye. Mom and dad took her to the airport for her red-eye to NY. She cried, but I just couldn’t for her because I’m just soooo SOOOOO excited for this journey she gets to have! I have to admit (excuse the melancholy), sometimes I feel like Rob and I have been left behind on some adventure… Aaron is in WA, Lyd is in WA, Paul is in KY, and now Sav is in NY. They are scattered everywhere! I just tell myself though, that someone had to stay behind and keep tabs on the old folks. And…I chose this. I wanted my kids to know their grandparents so no more feeling sorry for myself! To end though, have sooo much fun Savannah! Learn a lot and see a lot and grow a lot! I can’t wait to see you when you come to visit—(and when I come to visit)- bye! :)
Thank you Amanda! I really hope you guys get to come visit me! And I almost cried reading this blog haha
ReplyDeleteThat's so exciting for Savanna! I had a friend who was a nanny back East for a while & she loved it. Don't feel like you guys are left behind at ALL. I think a lot of us wish we were right where you are (well, maybe not RIGHT where you are, but maybe a couple houses down)!
ReplyDelete