Sunday, August 9, 2015

A Stevens’ Family Vacation

This year’s vacation plans: Fillmore for Cam’s birthday on Friday; antelope hunting on Saturday; then on Sunday go down to Goblin Valley to camp/hike explore for a couple days. From there head to Cassidy Arch for a day; then Calf Creek Falls; and then finally back to Fillmore for more hunting/relaxing/showering.
Here is what actually happened:
  • Friday: Cam’s birthday- which I will write more about at a later date.
_DSC0050
  • Saturday: A successful antelope hunt- shout out to a good work friend for some connections to good places to hunt.
PART_1438457569275_20150801_104709
  • Sunday in Fillmore. I didn’t end up going to church because I stayed home with a baby who was on his third day of having a temp over 101. Sad smileThat being said…
  • Monday found us back in Roy at our pediatricians for the fourth time in that many weeks. She said it was just a virus; but that he did have congestion and an inflamed throat so needed to be on a humidifier; etc. So. New plans:
  • Tuesday we found ourselves hiking at Alta/Albion Basin. You want to know a good self-esteem crasher? Go hiking up to Cecret Lake when you’re…well, the size I am.. carrying a 30 lb pack of climbing gear. Huff and puff the mile up the rocks…while watching all the granola ladies in their tiny yoga pants; non red, sweaty faces, and non-whiney children lightly skipping up the trail all while maintaining a beautiful smile on their faces. Anyway- we also tried some rock climbing while we were up there. After we got back down the kids and Rob went for a ride on the tram at Snowbird. (I realize the sentence above is full of grammatical errors, but I am not sure how to correct them and still say what it is I want to say).
_DSC0155_DSC0171_DSC0186_DSC0196_DSC0205_DSC0219_DSC0229_DSC0237_DSC0243_DSC0272_DSC0284-2_DSC0299
  • Wednesday was mine and Mason’s day…kind of. We went to City Creek to just wander around; ride some free trains; eat at Moochies- all good things. We then went to DI shopping; haha! I found the most awesome black skirt for $3. Oh yeah. Following that we came home and did some yard work.
_DSC0003_DSC0022_DSC0035_DSC0043_DSC0093_DSC0099_DSC0106
  • Thursday we went to the zoo! And even better, Rob and I got to go on date night when we got home that evening Winking smile
_DSC0120_DSC0132_DSC0173_DSC0182_DSC0195_DSC0210_DSC0126_DSC0219_DSC0234
  • Friday we were a little weary of traveling; so we did some cleaning and then went to the plane museum. We went to a neighborhood/ward party at the park that night. It was tons of fun with endless amounts and varieties of glorious desserts…but then Hurricane Northern Utah hit; and we were all gone like a flash.
_DSC0309-2_DSC0310
  • Saturday we went for a nice hike up Indian Trail in Ogden. On the trail we found a nice little place to stop for a snack and relaxing. Some poor, misguided lady who passed us on the trail offered to take a family picture. I decided to oblige her with the opportunity. The kids had a lot of fun playing “Troll under the bridge” with Rob. Once back down we got some grub and then went and played at the splash pad. The kids loved it Smile
_DSC0313_DSC0323_DSC0333_DSC0345_DSC0350_DSC0379_DSC0335_DSC0380_DSC0382_DSC0395_DSC0399_DSC0411_DSC0427_DSC0419_DSC0429_DSC0440_DSC0443
So there you have it: The Stevens’ Family Home Vacation! We ate a lot of PB&J, apples, and rice krispie treats. Yes, that’s right; we tried to be responsible and pack lunches most days. We also had awesome coupons for the zoo.
It was important to us to do this; to have a family vacation with just our family-not others to distract from our central unit. We wanted to do this before Mason was back at school all day; and our after hours were filled with me doing piano lessons; Rob doing scouts; and tumbling and soccer with the kids.
I think we were pretty spoiled. I know I was, having Rob home to help with the kids all day. I’ve gotten used to it now…this next week may be difficult…so don’t be surprised if I come crying for ya Winking smile.

3 comments:

  1. Amanda, my love, you have such a way with story telling. It sounds like you had a great time. Love you and your little family! Of course, you can come crying to me anytime. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, my love, you have such a way with story telling. It sounds like you had a great time. Love you and your little family! Of course, you can come crying to me anytime. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, those are GREAT pics; I'm so glad you and Rob do those fun things with the kids. GOOD ON YA~ Much love,
    Clayton

    ReplyDelete