Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Stevens Family Photos: Take 2

As you may recall, this past summer I tried to take some family pictures. You also may remember that it didn’t turn out so hot. I was extremely excited to try it again; we finally had all of our family here, and I thought I had learned a thing or two from the last time. Turns out I didn’t.

WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE SOMEBODY ELSE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING TAKE YOUR FAMILY PICS…INSTEAD OF DOING IT YOURSELF:

1) A person who knows what they are doing will make sure to get entire body parts in the shot-

 

baby stevens (22)instead of cutting off a foot in what could have been a truly beautiful picture…or a baby’s head.

_DSC0040-2_DSC0013

2) Somebody who knows what they are doing can create beautiful and natural poses and smiles-

Lindsay

instead of getting the Village People,

 _DSC0148_DSC0157_DSC0031_DSC0024

or having the husband call out at the last minute, “everybody smile!” when you had just told everybody to make a funny face…yeah. I look like the moron in that one Winking smile

_DSC0075

3) Somebody who knows what they are doing can get the perfect lighting-

Andersons

as opposed to having extreme lights and extreme shadows on the family (duh)…

_DSC0014

or even better, having a rainbow crotch. There is never a good reason for a rainbow crotch. Never….Never. Ever.

_DSC0024…And trying to fix it doesn’t help much…_DSC0024-Edit copy

4) Somebody who knows what they are doing can ensure everybody is looking at the camera, and at least trying to smile-

Janel

and NOT doing any of the following:

going to the bathroom,

_DSC0016

looking angry,

_DSC0047_DSC0053

or trying to fall asleep/close their eyes in the picture.

 _DSC0007_DSC0008

5) Somebody who knows what they are doing can line up a picture correctly-

Lindsay Fam

and does not let one member of the family think they are cooler than the rest.

_DSC0018

6) Last of all (and this is an important one), a person who knows what they are doing will make sure the picture is in focus-

Lindsay Fam 2

which is the opposite of not being in focus. In my defense; I always lined up the picture and made sure it was in focus before I went and got in the picture. The problem is, one of my little darlings thought it would be a good idea to unscrew my entire tripod and then try and put it back together. Ever since then, no matter how hard I try, I cannot get it to hold the camera completely steady when it has my bigger lens on it. In these pictures I thought I had it in a good spot; but unbeknownst to me, it slid ever so slightly once I left, and this is what we ended up with; a bunch of garbage (sigh).

_DSC0055_DSC0015_DSC0016_DSC0046

And somebody who knows what they are doing knows that sometimes crying is cute!

baby stevens (39)Now. The following eight pictures out of the 400+ I’ve taken in the past week I can live with. Keep on swimming, keep on swimming… Some day I shall conquer the stupid camera. And I apologize for the double picture, but I wasn’t sure which one I liked better.

_DSC0145_DSC0163_DSC0036_DSC0015_DSC0139_DSC0140-2_DSC0152

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. I am dying! Will you please, please, please put the bathroom one on a Christmas card! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete