Before I start the main gist of this post, I want to post some pictures from Thanksgiving. We went to Fillmore this year and spent it with much of my mom’s family and some of my dad’s. It was awesome!
Now…
This past week has brought a lot of simple, little joys. I have felt an overwhelming feeling of happiness every day. That is not to say there have been no problems (both boys have been sick at some point in the last two weeks…and I recently had surgery), but there has been so much love and simple little funs , that it has pushed away the shadows.
As I mentioned I had surgery recently. This was my second carpal tunnel release. My parents graciously took the boys both times for a week at a time so I could have some days at home with good sleep and medicine. My visiting teachers (both times) spent the next week helping me with my kids since I did not have full use of my hands. During my first surgery back in Oct. I also sprained my working wrist and so had no hands for a week. The ladies in my ward took my kids, fed me, cleaned my house, and made sure we were ok. This week it has been much the same. My visiting teacher has been over every morning to help me get the kids out of bed, bathed, fed, and come over any time a diaper has needed changing. She even vacuumed my floors and swept and mopped my kitchen! It’s interesting; she stood up in testimony meeting a couple months ago saying she realized she needed to quit looking for angels and miracles…I think she does not realize she has been my angel and my miracle. I am truly grateful for the gospel and the support that it brings. Today at my follow-up visit I was told I could return to almost all activities, so I no longer need the help, but I’m so grateful I had it when I needed it.
A couple days ago while Rob was home at lunch, Mason decided he wanted to get in the crib with Boo (Morgan). So we put them both in Morgan’s crib and both boys just started giggling and jumping. Rob and I sang them Christmas songs and Mason started yelling “CHRISTMAS!” and Boo was laughing and I felt an almost tangible feeling of complete happiness and peace. It was no big deal, but the Spirit was there in all the Joy, Love and Happiness He brings.
Tuesday night we took Mason and Morgan to the Christmas Village they have in downtown Ogden. There are thousands of lights and little houses with Christmas themes and it’s just beautiful! In the middle of it all is a little train on a little track. Mason spied it and immediately started yelling “Mason train! Mason train! He got so excited that he started just shaking and crying! hahahaha! So we paid the 50 cents per kid and took them on the train. Mason was very serious. This was a big deal for him. After the ride was over Mason started signing and saying “more train! More train!” just as fast as his little hands and mouth could go. Unfortunately we didn’t have any more change, so we had to leave and he just broke in to tears. Now, this may not sounds like joy to you, but for me it was. I love my kids and I love the excitement and joy they get out of the simplest things. Kids make life exciting and fun. Especially young ones who are still being introduced to firsts and think that everything is magic. I wish they could stay this age forever. Forget the diapers, the tantrums, and the tears…this is the only time in eternity they will be this age and this is when they learn and grow the most. I am not in a hurry for it to go away.
Speaking of learning, look at Morgan’s new trick!!! This just made me giddy- haha!
Next little pleasure: Last night we got the kids to bed at a decent time, we had a plate of cookies, and some diet coke, and Christmas Vacation. You know what? It was like heaven on earth. It was fun to have that little treat with my husband after a long day :)
Last of all, I recently did something that is going to sound really odd, but was actually VERY interesting. I got on to a friend’s blog (the kids were asleep) and from there went to some of her friends’ blogs and their friends’ and so forth. I probably read eight to ten different people’s blogs I didn’t know. I learned a lot of things. I learned that a lot of people – my age- have had to go through some really tragic, sad, and horrible things. I learned they have gotten through it by leaning on their Savior and the scriptures. I learned that there are others who have the EXACT same thoughts, emotions, and worries that I do. I learned that I am truly blessed and loved. It may sound like an odd thing to do, but if you are ever feeling out of sorts, I highly suggest it.
It’s a good life, and I’m happy to be here. :)
What a nice post. Glad you are doing better. And I can't believe Morgan is walking...he needs to show Addie how to do that. She is still scared out of her wits. Thanks for the update...I miss you!
ReplyDeleteI love this post (& so does Aaron)! I need more of your positive attitude in my life. That's a great video of Morgan walking!! YAY MORGAN!!! I saw some pretty cans of Diet Coke at the store today & I thought of you! I hope Santa Brings you a lot of Diet Coke!! I always read random people's blogs! It is very reassuring to know that there are a lot of ladies having similar challenges to mine. You are wonderful & I'm glad you are on the mend! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
ReplyDeleteI so wanted to be there for his first steps. I can't believe he went from no steps to so many steady ones. Thank you for these blogs. I really appreciate your example to me and your sisters and family. When things get really bad( and sometimes they can, like this week, 27 years ago, I hope you can look back on this time and read these blogs and always remember how blessed you are and how special you are to us and your family. We love you...mom
ReplyDeleteAmanda, that was beautiful! You expressed so well some of the very same feelings I have. I wish I could see you more. Are you going to be in Fillmore at all for Christmas? We will be there the 25th through the 28th. I would LOVE to see you and your boys!
ReplyDelete