So that’s how our Christmas morning started (well, the gift part of Christmas morning). Mom and dad couldn’t figure out how to get the toy to work. Pretty pathetic. haha! Luckily things just went up from there. But let me back up a little bit. We actually started Christmas morning by going to sacrament meeting. The choir put on a beautiful program (if I do say so myself). Since I sing in the choir, Rob got to sit with the boys by himself….so…for him maybe Christmas morning wasn’t all that great. I LOVED it though. :)
Ok. Now the parents being dumb. I stayed with the kids out in the van watching “Signing Time” while dad went in to fix Santa’s gifts up and get the camera. We had to cover them with a blanket so the kids wouldn’t see before we went to church and get distracted. When he was ready we marched inside and then cue the above video. Oh well. The parents and grandparents were very generous this year…I won’t bore you with all the details of what they received. I’ll just put in a bunch of pictrues/videos.
I’m sorry you had to hear me sing, but Mason had just gotten done kissing Rachel (the star of this show) and showed more excitement and expression opening this gift than almost any other…yep…Mason does takes present opening very, very seriously.
The big moment came when we took the boys downstairs. This is what was waiting for them (courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa Day- Thank you!):
And thank you to Rob who spent a long time Christmas Eve night putting it together! haha! For the record, Mason spent 5, yes FIVE hours playing with it Christmas Day. This would also account for why even though we started opening presents at 10:30 am we didn’t get done until 3:30pm.
Afterwards we went for a walk.
We ended the day with a Christmas drive to find as many Christmas lights as we could. And then home to play with toys. It was a FUN, FUN DAY! (Side notes: I had a blast playing with my kids’ toys. And if you are wondering why there is a picture of my bedroom, it is to show off the quilt and pillow cases my mom made! Also, the antler plaque was made by my dad to showcase my first and only buck). It was a day to remember…. :)
I was cracking up at your first video (of trying to get the toy to work) & the video of Morgan chasing the toy around!!! Those totally made my day! I am really REALLY excited to see all of you, & my kids are not going to want to leave your house once they see all of the cool toys!
ReplyDelete