Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Firsts

The past three days have been full of a lot of “firsts” for our family… mostly for Morgan.

Saturday was Morgan’s first soccer game, and he nailed it! He ran as fast and as hard as he could. He blocked the other team from getting goals. He kicked the ball, and made sure the rest of his teammates new which direction to kick the ball. It was so awesome!!! I can see how parents really get in to the sporting thing… Winking smileMorgan is #3 on the black team. Number 3 on the green team really knew his stuff, but Morgan stuck with him! Cam thought it would be a good idea to get all the balls out.

_DSC0001_DSC0002_DSC0010_DSC0013_DSC0029_DSC0051_DSC0030_DSC0039_DSC0042

Grandma was kind enough to take us school shopping after that. This was our FIRST time (and only time…unless you count the horrible amazon/backpack event) this school year.

Sunday we went to stake conference. Now, the rest of these “firsts” are not going to sound like Sunday activities…but…that’s the way it was this particular day.

We had watched Star Wars IV for the first time a few weeks before…see how intent they all are? haha!

_DSC0015

We decided it was time to finish the series, so had our first family Star Wars marathon. Basically we welcomed them to the dark side. It was awesome, except, there were so many questions. Morgan is set on being Darth Vader now and owning a light saber…actually, he was set on that from the first one. I’m so excited because at comic con they’re doing a light saber training for kids age 4 and up. Morgan asks to see the picture of the announcement every day. hahaha! Hopefully I’ll have me my very own George Michael…

(If you’ve never watched Arrested Development you won’t get that reference).

That night for dinner was the rest of the family’s (not mine) first time eating antelope. It was actually really good!!! And the most tender meat I’ve ever had Smile

After that we took the boys to the church parking lot to try and teach them how to ride without training wheels. We used a method called Pedal Magic my friend had introduced me to. Within a matter of minutes they had the basic concepts down, and were taking off across the parking lot. There were some owies; but a good time was had by all. I was so proud of Morgie; there were a couple times where he completely wiped out, but just jumped up and said, “again”. ! (For some reason it will not let me upload the video of them riding…grrr!)

20150830_17291020150830_17285720150830_17520320150830_163705

And now we come to Monday. Monday was Morgan’s first day of preschool. He didn’t hesitate when our friend came to pick him up for carpool. He was on his way. I picked him up afterwards, and although he wouldn’t tell me anything they had done, he did say that it was going to be a good year…and really, what more can you ask from a four year old?

_DSC0012_DSC0030_DSC0034

Whew. I feel like I’ve said a lot about #2 and #3. I feel like I should blog something about the infamous #1 now… hmmm….

No comments:

Post a Comment