Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Birthday Mason!

Ok. I’m finally getting around to posting about Mason’s birthday…almost a month later.

Well, he did it. He made it to 4! We started the day with the annual singing of Happy Birthday while bringing him his balloons:

Look at the cheesy grin!

_DSC0168

This year there were big demands for a “real” model train. Rob and I were a little slow on the up-take on getting around to getting him one..but we did get him the next best thing: goetrax :) And he and the Morgster LOVE it. The night before we set up the geo trax and all the wooden trax we’ve been collecting and built a train town.

_DSC0187_DSC0199_DSC0210

_DSC0224-Edit

I love that dad got all the credit for his birthday and the “sweet” train ;)

After a lot of train playing we opened a couple more presents:

_DSC0235

About lunch time we hopped on a train and headed down to Farmington Station for some Panda Express and then a Birthday Ice Cream treat at Johnny Rockets. They sang to him and really made it a big deal! It was so much fun! Nana Strong was also able to meet us there which really made Mason happy :)

_DSC0254

That afternoon when we got home we had a few close friends over for cake and ice cream. I love Mason’s face in this picture; he was SO EXCITED to have all his friends there!

_DSC0272

_DSC0286

We ended the day playing again with his new trains, and a very, very happy boy!

A few extra things:

1) Grandma Day made him the coolest Circus/Madagascar quilt he is contantly hiding in, but I’ll have to post a picture of it later.

2) At this time in his life Mason loves 3 things (which are not people): the Circus, trains, and My Little Ponies-hahaha!

3) He loves bread…like LOVES it. He will just eat buns, bread, anything plain if he can get his hands on it.

4) He is in the 40th percentile for height and about 13th for weight…so he’s a little small, but we always knew that.

5) He loves to snuggle mom and dad…especially during his bedtime stories daddy tells him which he also loves.

6) He loves animals

7) He is always asking when “baby Spencer” is going to come live with us. All of his friends either have new babies or will shortly and so he thinks that means he should have a new baby too. Sorry Mason.

8) He loves hiking

9) He is always asking for a bounce house.

10) He also always tell me that Apple Jack (one of the My Little Ponies) or Chip and Dale, or Mr Spiffy (from Backyardigans) is coming to our house so I need to clean it. I think he doesn’t understand that these characters are not real…kind of makes me sad sometimes when he asks why they aren’t at our house yet.

11) He is extremely independent…as far as doing things for himself. If we get him dressed because he has taken too long he undresses himself puts his jammies or whatever back on, and then takes them off again and dresses himself again. Strange child ;)

12) And here are the big things: when I took him to his well-child appt the doctor informed me he needed to be put on a nebulizer because he was not breathing well. She also noticed a couple little things he was doing and asked me about his behavior. She suggested a few places to go to get him tested for Aspbergers/ADD/etc. We took him and he has been temporarily diagnosed with Anxiety. It is very likely he will outgrow this though, and it has not been put on his health records. We’re doing things to help him. Also, just this morning I was in the dr’s again with him because his breathing was acting up again. I was informed he had allergies and Obstructive Airway…something…aka Little Kid Asthma. These too he may outgrow…we can only hope. Needless to say he is on a few meds in hopes he can get to breathing well soon. I joked with Rob that we had the 3 As: anxious, asthmatic, allergy-ridden, small for his age, child…just the kind that gets picked on in school- but that’s ok. We love him so much and we’ll put him in karate so he can learn to defend himself if it is ever actually needed. He is so loving and tender though that I believe others will just love him back. And, then again, he may just outgrow everything in the next couple of years.

Ok. I now only have one post left and I’ll be caught up with April.

No comments:

Post a Comment