Thursday, February 28, 2013

This and That and Etc…

Consider this just a modge-podge of completely random stuff that we’ve done or been up to in the last couple of weeks.

We got a new fridge (oh how exciting!) And yes, the old one is gone. Well, it’s on our back porch for now:

0220132113-2

We did a little bit of hiking up Snow Basin and out to Weber Res:

_DSC0040_DSC0043_DSC0052_DSC0098_DSC0060_DSC0116_DSC0058_DSC0109_DSC0131

_DSC0066-Edit

_DSC0035_DSC0041_DSC0042_DSC0061Ok, so this weirdo has decided that the only way to wear a coat is backwards…_DSC0063_DSC0064

_DSC0122_DSC0124_DSC0126

Ok, there are tons of pictures of wheat because it was really, really pretty! It was literally sparkling gold in the late afternoon light, but I just don’t know how to catch “sparkles” on a camera. (sigh) _DSC0132_DSC0136

_DSC0031_DSC0034_DSC0053_DSC0056

And then we did just stuff; around the house…

Preschool was at our house the last two weeks, but I didn’t take a picture of that; because honestly, on those days I just feel like a chicken with it’s head cut-off…nd the little kids better thank their lucky stars at night that I didn’t lose it:

_DSC0002_DSC0003_DSC0007_DSC0008_DSC0011

And then…a couple friends and I threw a “Diaper Party/Baby Shower” for a couple other friends. One is having a boy, and the other a girl. Here were my contributions…plus a drink…but I didn’t take a picture of that…because I was late and it was sloshing around everywhere. But it was kinda yummy/fun. And I have no idea why some of the pictures are orange, and the others blue. I didn’t change a dang thing about the camera or position. The little boy cake is supposed to represent a winding mountain road, and an airplane flying above the top. The little girl cake I just went way overboard with. There are paper tissue flowers, and little wash cloth rose flowers and butterflies. I wanted it to be this beautiful flower garden with butterflies flitting everywhere surrounded by a pond with birds in it…but then it got to be 2:30 in the morning and there was just way too much stuff on it, so I stopped. hahaha!

_DSC0016_DSC0021_DSC0026_DSC0028

_DSC0001

And then there’s been just the usual stuff: treehouse, teaching piano lessons, playing at friends or having friends over, etc. Except for the week I was without the van. Oh the horrors!!! It was just getting 90k miles preventative maintenance, but it took longer than I thought it should, and cost SO. MUCH. MONEY! But, I’ve never had a car at 90k miles, so I just didn’t know. You see, almost all of our previous cars were way beyond that mileage when we obtained them, and the Corolla we sold before it got there, so I just didn’t know. We took a lot of walks that week. A lot. Even at night in the wind and a snow storm…to Mc Donald’s…just so we could get out of the house. heh heh. See. That’s why I was born now and not in the pioneer days.

Oh ya. Before that I had to give a talk in sacrament meeting. It was about the pre-existence, and I don’t know why, but that took me hours to prepare! I don’t know if I’m kinda dumb, or kinda a pshyco-path, but it took me a LONG time.

And, here is a little story the people in charge of one particular part of the lds.org website asked me to write, like…clear back in Nov….so I thought they had forgotten about it, but apparently it will be live Monday.

http://www.lds.org/topics/service/create/photos/photo-of-the-week

Ok. I think I’m done.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE all your pics!! They are so beautiful! And the cakes are so cute! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lila! The cakes were actually A TON of fun to make! You should try it sometime... :)Because you would have the patience to make them look perfect.

      Delete