Saturday, February 2, 2013

My 2nd is 2!

Well it happened…my sweet baby boy turned into a terrible 2 yr old! We’ve been seeing the signs for a while though; refusing to go to bed, refusing to eat, refusing to do anything he is asked even when it’s something he loves…sigh.

Rob took his birthday off and we just played around the home, ate out at his favorite food establishment-McDonalds- and then came home for cake, icecream, and presents. Here are several videos and pictures from the day:

Yes, he is trying to hide from us…or be coy…or something.
So these little 50cent airplanes from the dollar store were his favorite. haha!
More of same

_DSC0093_DSC0073_DSC0097See, kids do eat the apple slices at McDonalds._DSC0099_DSC0111_DSC0121_DSC0124_DSC0129_DSC0140_DSC0158_DSC0190

Ya…we got tired of waiting for Morgan to open the presents…_DSC0205_DSC0273_DSC0262_DSC0282_DSC0283_DSC0284

I took him to his 2yr well-child check-up the other day. Apparently he is tall and skinny (with a big noggin’ of course). How is that possible (the tall and skinny part)?! Have you seen his parents?! The doctor started telling me all these foods I should feed him: cheese (he eats that), PB (he eats that), whole milk (yep, that’s what he drinks)…but she also said to add carnation; etc. He eats so much better than Mason did at that age, and yet I was never told Mason was too skinny…hmm. She even said if he gets any skinnier I’m going to have to bring him in to test him (for what?). Anyway. Some things about Morgan:

Likes-

  • Thomas -and all trains…but Thomas he is especially obsessed with
  • Lightning McQueen
  • Any and all planes and helicopters. He and Mason could spend all day at HAFB Museum looking at planes…and Union Station Museum come to think of it. What kind of kids like museums?!
  • Kitty-cats and puppy-dogs; and yes, that is what he calls them.
  • To go along with the above: the movies Cars, Aristocats, and Lady and the Tramp
  • Big trucks; especially garbage and dump trucks.
  • Bath time!
  • Chocolate milk
  • Corn pops
  • Running “fast!”
  • Dad’s motorcycle. If he hears it or any motorcycle he starts breathing hard and trying to get out the door to get to it. HAHAHAHA!
  • Oranges
  • Mac n’ Cheese

Dislikes-

  • Bedtime
  • Getting out of the bath
  • Being ignored…not being held…not having your immediate and undivided attention.
  • Getting on his diaper
  • Church (oh my heck…)
  • Being left
  • Tents (we tried to take him camping once-it was bad)
  • Being hungry. He gets very, very unmanageable when he is hungry.

It’s funny; the more I watch my kids each day, the more I realize how much Mason is just exactly like me, and how much there is of Rob in Morgan. But there is some of me in him too. I see all the things he does and says, and I cannot believe how differently he has developed from Mason. Morgie seems more…normal? haha! We are starting to see he has great recall though, just like Mason. He loves to tell people “hi!” and “bye!”. He talks much more than Mason did at an age several months older than Morgie is now. He can actually be quite obedient. He has the sweetest smile in the world, but also cries WAY more than I think he should ;). He loves to cuddle and be held. He is my “Hi Daddy!”, “Mommy’s lap”, “bye ‘ason”, “read boot”, absolutely perfectly beautiful in his mommy’s eyes-- little boy.

(I have another movie, but it’s taking too long to load. I’ll try to remember to post later) 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Morgan! Dustin had that same cake when he turned 3, except I think yours turned out cuter. Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha! Heavens no! Taryn, do you know me at all?! ;) A friend of mine in the ward who does cakes made it for me. She's a sweetheart. And speaking of which...I need your help on a little project...I'll call you later. I know you're excited!!! Thanks Taryn :)

      Delete
  2. Yeah! That was so cute! I can't believe I'm just now seeing it. I need to check your blog more often. lol

    ReplyDelete