I want to just tell a little about Christmas Eve and first thing Christmas morning. The rest will be videos and pictures.
Sometime Christmas Eve during FHE, Santa snuck into Mason’s room and left two presents. When we went upstairs to get ready for bed, the boys found the presents with golden tickets attached to them. Upon opening they found matching jammies and a note to take their tickets to the van. In the van was chocolate milk and popcorn. We took the kids to see Christmas lights. They loved it. Especially Mason. He kept saying “I can’t lose my ticket!”, and, “how did Santa get in my room?”. haha! I apologize for the lack of pictures.
After the kids went to bed I went to the movies with my beautiful Kelli friend :) to see Les Mis. I LOVED IT! I thought it was very well done. I am about to say something absolutely horrible about one of my most favorite actors of all time, but… I think they should have cast somebody else as Javert! whew. There we go. It’s out there now. I’m sorry Russell Crowe, I really am, but you were the only character which I think could have been better. I still love you though! I think those who went to the theater expecting Broadway singing are a little silly. It is NOT a broadway/theater production; it is a Hollywood production; and I think they did very, very well. They stayed true to the book (well, as much as you can from a 1500 page book into 2.5 hrs)- and I applaud them for that. And when I say they stayed true to the book, I mean they didn’t add anything. There is sooooooo much missing though from the book that if you haven’t read it you really should. It will make the movie and theater production make more sense.
Christmas morning Morgan woke up first. We brought him in to our room while we waited for Mason to wake up. He did shortly and came into our room and just sat on the bed. After a few moments we had the following conversation with him:
“Do you think Santa came last night?”
Mason- “Yes”.
“Oh, what do you think he brought you?”
Mason- “He got me and baby jammies (Morgan is called baby at our house…still…)”
“Oh. Do you think he came again and brought more presents?”
Mason- “No”.
“I bet he did! Should we go see if he brought us more presents?”
Silence.
“Should we go see?”
No movement for a while. Then an “ok.”
It took some doing but we finally got him off our bed and down to the front room. Don’t ask me. I have no idea where Mason came from….
Now for the pics and vids:
Anyway. I’ve been working on this post for over a week-which is waaaaaayyyy too long, so that’s all you get. haha! I hope everybody had as fun a Christmas as we did!
No comments:
Post a Comment