Well I’m afraid it’s official; those hot summer days and wonderful summer nights are at an end. How do I know?- three reasons:
1) The fall leaves have come (and are mostly gone) in the mountains. The last Saturday in September we went for a four-wheeler ride with Clayton and his friend Jean in Fillmore.
2). There is no longer water running at the splash pad in the park; we can no longer stay past 7:30pm because it is dark; and we have to wear jackets now.
3). A little propane fire goes a long way when the sun goes down. By the time we got done with dinner and cleaning and resting a moment this evening, it was already too late to go to the park. We thought we’d be creative and do some homemade finger painting, but as luck would have it we found the ingredients to s’mores before we found the food coloring for finger painting.
Well summer, you have been a friend as always. Fall we welcome you! And…the past couple of cool nights have been a very vivid reminder that winter is peeking his head around the corner. As always I’ll miss you summer! Please come more quickly this next time around than you have in the past.Until we meet again…
Amanda, I thank you for the title of your latest blog entry alone. The image it conjured up of John Travolta standing on those metal bleachers in his leather T-bird jacket, stretching his arm heavenward as he belted that out has brought me unimaginable joy. :) So I'm a lame-o and we still haven't gone to dinner yet. Soon?
ReplyDeleteYup, summer has ended. Fall is fun, but I am not ready for a long winter either! We still need to do something....we are pretty open, how bout you guys?
ReplyDeleteOk, Mason is seriously one of the cutest little boys EVER! His blonde hair & little smile are priceless. I cannot wait to see him! He was totally into his s'more, too. Now I'm kind of craving one...Maybe tonight I'll have to get Aaron to break out our little propane fire!
ReplyDeleteLONI: Oh THANK YOU! That is the exact image I was hoping to conjure up in the minds of my readers; it is one of my favorite movie moments of all time :) When is USU homecoming again? Should be able to do something then.
ReplyDeleteBRIT: Please tell me you got to enjoy a s'more today...if not, then definitely at the cabin!!!
ReplyDeleteLINDS: I agree completely-- winter is the worst! We are honestly always open...well, on weekdays; the next couple of weekends we'll be in and out. Please come over any time!
ReplyDelete