Monday, September 20, 2010

September

(Note: this is more of a journal entry for me, so do not feel like you have to read it all). Thursday, Sept. 9: Rob and I drive down and pick up Lyd and Paige. Friday, Sept. 10: Lyd, Paige, Mason and I spend the day with the person who used to baby-sit us all growing up. She is a like a sister to us, and watched me as a baby when she was only 10 years old. I can’t think of a single 10 year old now I would trust to watch my kids- haha! That night we had a fun bar-b-que with all the cousins on the Day side.

Saturday, Sept. 11: Lyd and I go down to Layton so she could get some pictures taken of Paige. I had Mason sneak in for a couple shots so we could have pictures of the two cousins together. Problem was, there was a duck pond just 100 yards away and Mason was FURIOUS that I would not let him get in the pond to play with the ducks. Paige was furious that she wasn’t being held, so needless to say, we didn’t get that perfect picture. Ryan Thompson took them for us, and here’s a link if you like…

http://rltphotography.smugmug.com/ChildrenNewborns/Page-and-Mason-Layton-Park/13725653_rupEa#1003444901_AB4vX

Paige, Lyd and I spent the next three or four hours driving and waiting in parking lots. Don’t ask…I’m still upset about it. But, I learned a very, very valuable lesson: it’s my own fault if I sit and wait forever for someone that does not know how to show up on time. Next time if someone I am waiting for is not there within 10 minutes of agreed meeting time, I’m leaving and they can come find me. --Mason and Rob meanwhile had a VERY FUN time at the state fair with Rob’s family!

fair 088 fair 045 fair 057 fair 065 fair 072 fair 083

Lyd and I met my parents (exactly on the agreed meeting time) in Salt Lake about 4 and then I was off again to pick up Rob and Mason because we had a very important date back in Ogden. Rob’s boss invited us to go with his family to the Weber State football game. We got free dinner and dessert and were in the box seats; so much fun! The game went in to FOUR overtimes with a twenty minute break in between the third and fourth when the stadium lights went out. hahahaha! Such a fun football game.

fillmore 005

Tuesday, Sept. 14: my 28th birthday. We took Mason down the night before to have Rob’s family watch him on my birthday. Tuesday morning I woke up to breakfast in bed! We then got in the car and Rob started driving. When I asked where we were going he asked me what my favorite city in UT was. When I answered ‘Logan" he said that was good because that’s where we were going. When we got there he first took me to Borders so I could pick out a couple of books I’ve wanted to read. I chose Don Quixote and The Host. He then took me to Bear Lake where we got lunch and then spent a couple of hours floating on tubes out in the lake. It was absolutely gorgeous and fantastically relaxing! (This is the only picture we got the entire day…)

0914001357

We spent the rest of the day playing pool at the bowling alley; eating at my favorite sandwich place, Old GristMill; watching Toy Story 3 at the theater (oh my heck I’m such a baby…I cried and cried!); and then getting milkshakes. I loved it! It reminded me of the day we spent together before we went the hospital to have Mason. The whole day with just the two of us and nothing and nobody demanding any of our time. I think sometimes, that those are the most perfect days…

Thursday, September 16. Rob and I drove down to Fillmore that night. Friday morning the girls (my mom, Lyd, Paige and I) headed down to St. George for a day of shopping and eating, and a night of watching muscle men in nothing but loin cloths!!! It was so much fun buying clothes for our babies and even some for ourselves…and it was especially fun for me because Rob was kind enough to watch Mason back in Fillmore. That night we went to Tuachan and saw Disney’s stage production of “Tarzan”. Holy cow!!! The costumes and the sets and the singing were AMAZING! The apes and Tarzan flew through the air on cables and it is such a fun opportunity to watch a play outside against the red rocks. I wish, wish, WISH, people were allowed to take pictures so I could give you all a sneak peak! If you’ve never been I HIGHLY recommend it…and I would highly recommend seeing Tarzan (well, if you girls can keep your thoughts clean after seeing him…haha!). Next year they are doing “Grease” and “The Little Mermaid”.

Meanwhile, back at camp in Fillmore, the men (Mason, Rob and my dad) set out and did manly things. They went hiking, swinging, fishing, four wheeling, snake/lizard hunting, rock hunting, shooting, and to the taxidermist…basically you name it, they did it. They had SO MUCH FUN!

fillmore 067 fillmore 013 lydvisit 016fillmore 017 fillmore 023 fillmore 027 fillmore 030 fillmore 034 lydvisit 017

Saturday, Sept. 18 we had a bar-b-que with some friends of ours. The menu? Rice, beans, pasta, carne asada, and cheesecake. The best food EVER! (Holy cow I’m craving it now that I’m talking about it…must go find me some good Mexican food….)

Sunday, Sept. 19. Lyd sang in our old Fillmore ward while I accompanied her. We tried to get some pictures of the two cousins again, but Mason had decided that Paige was his arch-nemesis and wanted nothing to do with her. She was none too happy about Mason always trying to steal the spotlight either. After all, both had come along and stolen some of grandma’s and grandpa’s affection, and sharing their attention was something neither tolerated very well.

lydvisit 025

We had a fun dinner with our neighbors (their son had just returned from his mission), then Rob and I were off for home. We stopped by his family’s for a nice visit on the way.

Well—there’s our September; I hope you enjoyed! Savannah we missed you, and can’t wait to see you again!!! I’ll let Lyd post the ADORABLE pictures we all took of Paige on her blog. And now, as a salute to the beautiful country we live in, a cute picture that didn’t fit in elsewhere on this post.

summer2010 022

3 comments:

  1. Most importantly, we got 26 mpg in our new minivan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy. Sounds like so much fun! Yay for Logan! Yay for 26 mpg! Yay for cousins! Those pictures of Mason and Paige were so cute. I love the one of Mason with the trees in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive on the 26 mpg, Rob. Well, it sounds like you guys had such a fun September!! I LOVE the Pics of Mason & Paige. Mason looks the most happy in the pics where he is holding the stick (such a boy. I love it)! I went through & "liked" my favorite pics on Facebook (I don't know if you can see the ones I chose...). Happy beleated birthday Amanda! I'm glad you got to go have a carefree day with Rob. They really are the best days. I don't know if I could handle seeing Tarzan...I can't even handle watching Chris Farley doing the Chip 'n Dales audition dance! Hehe!

    Oh, Logan is almost as big as June. She only weighs a pound more than him & he's catching up in height, too! I'll bet she learns to stop taking his toys pretty quick (once he really starts caring)!

    Sorry, my comment is insanely long...!

    ReplyDelete