1. On Tuesday, June 22, he had his first “big boy” hair cut. Rob had come home from work that day for lunch sooo excited because he had found this little 90 year old man who gave cheap hair cuts close to his work. He insisted that I take Mason in, so I did…despite my better judgment. Mason screamed and wriggled like crazy! You would have thought the world was coming to an end. It made me nervous to have a 90 year old man with an electric razor so close to my baby’s head…especially when he was wiggling the way he was. Soon it was over though, and the worst that came of it was Mason’s hair is not quite cut straight and he left a little “duck-tail” in the back. Rob and I fixed that pretty easily though.
Before:
After:
2. He can walk! He actually took his first steps by himself back in April when we were in Washington; but would only go one or two steps between people, and that was if he had a lot of encouragement. The second time we were in Washington that first week of June was when he started to take the initiative to walk by himself. Now 50 percent of his getting around is walking (!) while the rest is crawling. (Although, truth be told, mom still carries him quite a bit also).
3. He likes to do big boy tricks like chugging milk from the carton, climbing on things and doing somersaults. Ok, so there is actually no milk in the jug; and he can’t do somersaults by himself; but he sure is getting close! He will stand on his head with his bottom pointing straight up in the air until someone comes to flip him over. He LOVES it!
4. He gets into mischief now at story hour. I won’t go into details, and I don’t have any pictures, but I will say that he came up missing on more than one occasion, and he made a baby scream.
He’s definitely not my little baby any more!
He does look so old! It's such a fun/sad thing when your baby isn't a baby anymore but a little kid. Cute kid!
ReplyDeleteHe is still cute Amanda! :)
ReplyDeleteHe looks so grown up with that haircut & walking around! Sooooo, what does Rob owe you for getting Mason's haircut by a 90 year old? He's a cute little guy no matter what the hair looks like, though (Mason not Rob. Although, Rob might be able to pull off an afro. Just something to think about.....). OK, so I need Logan to watch the video on Mason walking over & over again. Maybe, he'll think it's cool to walk when he realizes his cousin is doing it! Sorry for rambling. I really ought to have my computer privileges taken away when I get tired! See you guys soon!
ReplyDelete