Monday, June 21, 2010

A “Day Family” Reunion

When I say a “Day Family” reunion, I don’t actually mean my family. I am talking about my dad’s brother’s family…the Days. They were the ones having a family reunion; but they were having it in Fillmore at the grandparents’ house, and they invited Rob and I to come along…so we did! It was SO MUCH FUN! First of all, Rob and I were able to sleep in because Grandma (my mom) was a trooper and took care of Mason in the morning. After a delicious breakfast Rob and I took a ride on the four-wheeler up the canyon. The water was high in the creeks which made them fun to cross. It was absolutely gorgeous! We met up with the cousins who had camped out, and scheduled out the day. After we got back we took Mason for a little ride.

fday 003

Next order of business was riding the quads and motorcycles out at the pits by Fillmore. Thanks Jason for bringing them!!! This was Rob’s “toy” for the day. He was in bike heaven.

fday 011

Rob was kind enough to take the time to show me how to ride the dirt-bikes. I LOVED IT! I loved it more than four-wheeling. To prove this is not a scam I have a very eloquent video below. And yes, me on the tiny bike looked like, as Mike Myers would say, “a melon on a toothpick”. (Oh, and that is my uncle Preston in the video).

After a hot day in the desert there was only one thing to do: cool off in the swimming pool! This was Mason’s first time in a public pool since he was about three months old. He was a little nervous at first, but pretty soon he wanted to go everywhere and be everywhere.

dadcamera 022

The day ended with a delicious chicken and potato dinner and lots of fun cousins! Sunday was church and Father’s Day of course! We had a final meal with the family.

Mason also decided to get in touch with his wild side and meet Granddad’s cow, Maybelline. He LOVED the cow! He just squealed and laughed and watched it til we finally dragged him away. Funny thing, I think the cow liked Mason too; he certainly let Mason pat his nose more than any other cow has ever let me pat their nose.

fday 042

Thanks so much Days for inviting us to your family reunion!!! We had a BLAST!

That night we drove up to Rob’s brother, Nate, for a Father’s Day dinner with their family. Mason had plenty of people to keep him entertained, and the food and company was fantastic!

fday 063

2 comments:

  1. How fun! You go girl! You look like a natural on that dirt bike. Such a cute picture of Mason patting the cow's nose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looked like so much fun! Aaron & I are jealous! You did great on the bike. I never have gotten the whole clutch thing down & usually end up frustrated! How did Mason like the 4 wheeler? I love the pic of he & Adam on the swing! Fun, fun, fun! Glad you had a good time with your family!

    ReplyDelete