I really do LOVE from about the end of October through the beginning of the New Year. This December we did a couple of new things: the Festival of Trees and Ogden’s Nativity.
I kinda wish just Mason and I would have gone to the Festival of Trees. We loved it; Rob and Morgan I think may have enjoyed being somewhere else a little more, but they didn’t complain. The trees were incredible! Everything there was incredible. The boys had a lot of fun being inside a giant bubble; watching the performers; looking at the trees and wreaths, and for some reason Mason LOVED the quilts. haha!
The Ogden Nativity was AWESOME! Mason and I watched the live nativity outside while Morgan and Rob went inside and played games and ate treats. After the live nativity Mason got to pet the camel and other animals. Then we met the other two inside and dressed up in Nativity outfits. I asked the people in charge if Cameron could play the part of baby Jesus. It made me feel special ![]()
We also went and saw the lights at Temple Square. It was perfect weather! Unfortunately though, we happened to choose a night the MOTAB was having their Christmas concert, so it was CROWDED! There was nowhere to park…so Rob dropped us off and then had to park several blocks away…in a not awesome part of town…which put him in the not best of moods. haha!
Cameron had another Cardio appt at Primary’s. The doctor said the murmur was sounding louder-which means the hole is getting smaller- but was not making the noise to signal it was ready to close. Because the hole had gotten smaller and he was doing ok growing, Dr. Pinto smiled at me and said I didn’t need to bring him in again until June. YAY!
And now for Christmas. Christmas is always a lot of fun when you have little kids…well…except for the part where you wonder if “Santa” should really make a stop or not. I’m not going to go in to great detail. We got started about 7am or so, and pretty much just sat around playing with toys all day long. Rob’s family stopped by later that evening; other than that- pretty uneventful…which means pretty perfect (and these are in no particular order…I’m just going to dump a bunch of pics and vids now..and I couldn’t get the noise to work on a couple of them, so hopefully you all can!).
A couple days after Christmas, Rob’s dad and his friend Jean were kind enough to take us out to dinner at Maddox. YUM! Oh my goodness I love the rolls and the seafood cocktail.
And now for a little bit of randomness…the following happens quite a bit in our neck of the woods:
Hundreds of these little guys (shown here- ) will decide to come and nest in our yard…and all yards within a block’s radius. Seriously- there are HUNDREDS of them (these pics show maybe 1/3 of them). It is my hope and dream to one day be dressed as a witch when they come through so I can stand on my back deck and cackle loudly while throwing my arms in the air, “Fly my pretties! Fly!”. heh heh.
New Year’s Eve was pretty standard. Rob had to work (although he was able to get off a little bit early). Earlier in the day I took a couple random pictures of Cameron to mark his 5 months:
Being the party poopers that we are, Rob and I cheated and turned on the Julien from Madagascar count down thing on Netflix about 8:00pm, and had a tiny party with the boys before putting them to bed. We had some ice cream and got out all our pots and pans to bang on. It was fun. What was really awesome, though, was Rob and I walking out on our front porch as the clock struck the new year, and seeing fireworks lighting up the sky in every direction! Seriously, every where we turned (except for directly north of us) there were people letting off the big fireworks. It was beautiful! And fun! And gave us time to pause and think back on what a big year it had been for us. Both of us had been to NY and WA and other places in between; we’d replaced the carpet in our house; boy #2 had ear surgery; we had baby boy #3; our oldest started school; we took the kids to Disneyland…it was a big year; full of change but all for the good. It was wonderful!
"I'm going to live in my umbrella house from now on." <--hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha
ReplyDelete