Friday, August 8, 2014

Cameron Darwin Stevens

As with all my other children I was induced with this last little baby boy of mine. All three kids came at 37 weeks 6 days. This was BY FAR the easiest, fastest, and nicest delivery/time at the hospital. From start to finish was just under 12 hrs…compared to the 17+ it took Morgan to get here, and the almost 30 hrs it took Mason to get here. We went in about 10:45am. By the time they got me in to a room, all IVed up, and medicine going, it was about noon. Cameron came at 11:40pm on July 31st. I was only dilated to a two from noon to six; doctor came in and broke my water; got my epidural right after that; and then only got to a 4 by about 9:15pm. Rob and I decided to get all settled in for the night at that point because we figured it was going to be another middle of the night baby at the rate it was going. Boy was I wrong. I went from a 4-10 in 2+ hrs; pushed 5 times and there he was! Yay! He was a little bruised though; all the nurses and doctor said that can happen when you go that fast at the end.
I loved my doctor- he has been extra chill and a cheer leader; which is exactly what I need. I can get myself worried and anxious; I need the opposite of that in a doctor. I wish I would have used him for Morgan; but hindsight is 20/20.  The nurses were all fantastic and supportive and kind. Usually I have at least one shift while at the hospital where I’m not a big fan of a particular nurse; but not this time. I don’t know if I just lucked out, or I was too drugged up, or if they really just have all awesome nurses at Ogden Regional.  Even the anesthesiologist was good. Least painful and fastest one I’ve had. It was excellent!
We watched a lot of excellent movies…and laid around. haha! It was a heavenly vacation. Everybody else took care of my every little need; other people made the food; other people cleaned things; I knew my health and my baby’s health was in good hands. There was not a single worry in the world…it was hard to come back to reality.
A few things about Cameron: he has a slight heart murmur.  The heart didn’t get a chance to finish closing in the womb, so now it gets to close on the outside. It won’t hurt or delay his development or anything, but we do get to go down to Primary Children’s to a pediatric cardiologist until it has closed. He also had to be under bili lights for a couple of days. _DSC0005Last of all he has a herniated belly button; but it’s nothing to worry about…he little belly button will just poke out for the next couple of years. He loves his family, and wants to be around us while he is awake, but so far does fine being by himself when he’s ready to sleep.
I have to admit; I wanted him to be a little girl. I had all these ideas about this last one being a little girl and all the cute things I’d dress her in and all the dance recitals I’d go to, and she and I would be best buddies since the rest of the family were boys. She would have two big brothers to take care of her, and they would teach her that she was the most beautiful and wonderful girl in the world. (Yes, I had some unrealistic dreams-haha!) The green monster of jealousy came out when I kept hearing that all my friends, sister, and sister-in-law were having little girls. But, now that he is here, I know he was supposed to be here. I COULD NOT love him more if he were a little girl; it is not possible. I love him, and will be eternally grateful that God knew better and knew who to send to our family. I am supposed to be his mom; just like I’m supposed to Mason and Morgan’s (although lately I’ve started questioning Mason…good thing he starts Kindergarten soon)- haha! jk. I love my boys. Now. Here are some pictures I took. Sorry- this will be a picture overload. Click on each picture to make bigger. There were too many for me to make them large on this and still fit. And I had funny captions to put with all of them…but all of this took too long to do and has taken up too much space so…make up your own Winking smile
_DSC0031_DSC0033_DSC0034_DSC0036_DSC0037_DSC0038_DSC0040_DSC0042_DSC0046_DSC0050-2_DSC0051_DSC0075_DSC0026-2_DSC0044_DSC0067_DSC0068_DSC0069_DSC0071-Edit_DSC0074_DSC0003_DSC0007_DSC0015_DSC0024_DSC0028_DSC0031_DSC0032_DSC0034_DSC0036_DSC0038_DSC0042_DSC0045_DSC0050_DSC0056_DSC0059

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! What a nice labor and delivery. He is just perfect. Good job on number three!

    ReplyDelete