Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fri., Sat., Sun., Monday…

Saturday, April 16th--Mason’s Birthday

Actually, his birthday is on the 17th, but since that was a Sunday we celebrated it on the 16th…just a side note…

We started the day by walking in to Mason’s room carrying balloons and singing “Happy Birthday”. He fell in love. The balloons were an instant hit.

P1020949

Right after this we went to the ward Easter party. Rob and I had never discussed Easter eggs with Mason before, but somewhere he must have picked it up; that or seeing brightly colored plastic eggs lying all over the ground is just too hard to resist because he gathered them up like a pro! haha

P1020960 P1020958

Next we went to the Treehouse; a regular favorite.

P1020999 P1020968 P1020976 P1020989

Then we did birthday cake and presents. By this time he was getting kind of tired and onery, so he wasn’t too impressed with anything, but that is ok.

bday (3)

Next we played with the presents. And when I say “we” I mean “we”. Rob and I had a blast, and this Mason LOVED!

bday (32) bday (45) bday (51) bday (54) bday (55) bday (27)

Last we had dinner at Panda Express. I know this may seem like an odd place, but honestly it is his favorite of all places we go. He like fried rice more than just about anybody I know…except for maybe me.

Sunday, April 24th-Easter Sunday

Sunday afternoon we met Rob’s family at Temple Square. The flowers were absolutely beautiful and Mason ran from fountain, to fountain, to fountain. I’ve never seen a kid so fascinated with water.

2011 April Phoenix, Easter 199 2011 April Phoenix, Easter 166

Aunt Julia and Nicole were kind enough to hide some Easter eggs for him and a basket and he had soooo much fun looking for them! I must say, he is good at it, too…

2011 April Phoenix, Easter 204 2011 April Phoenix, Easter 208 2011 April Phoenix, Easter 212

Monday, May 2nd- Day Off

(Side note: happy birthday to Paige this day!). Rob took this day off randomly and we went to our first home together; Logan. We did the usual:

Willow Park Zoo: (this peacock was being extra noisy and scared the crap out of Mason. hahahahaha)

Sticker Club 035 Sticker Club 025 Sticker Club 030 Sticker Club 033 Sticker Club 034

Pepperidge Farm/Old Grist Mill/Cheese

0502111824

First Dam: I’m sorry, but there is something extremely funny about watching a toddler chase water fowl…maybe it’s that they both waddle…maybe it’s that they both make such funny noises. I don’t know, but I could watch it all day long.

Sticker Club 068 Sticker Club 046 Sticker Club 080 Sticker Club 081 Sticker Club 062

Second Dam:

Sticker Club 101 Sticker Club 093 Sticker Club 096

Friday, May 6th- Mother’s Day

A month or two ago I told Rob all I wanted for Mother’s Day was a night to myself at our house. This way I could eat, watch, and do what I wanted when I wanted. Also, I would not have to worry about waking up to a baby needing to be fed, a toddler yelling in his sleep, or a loving husband snoring. So…being the most wonderful person in the world he is, Rob took the kids down Friday night and spent it at his mom’s house. I have no pictures, and I didn’t even really do anything; took myself out for Chinese (seafood was too far away), and watched “Les Miserables”. So nothing exciting, but I was by myself…and that was just wonderful...

*There was also a trip to Fillmore in between there that I will post some pics of later.

3 comments:

  1. Amanda you are awesome. What a fun day you had for Mason. And I am so glad you could have a night to yourself. Sounds lovely! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!I'm so jealous, I wanna go hang out at Logan for a day and go to 1st and 2nd dam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Can we come over & play with Mason's new toys!? I'm glad he had a wonderful Birthday. I love the pic of the 4 of you by the temple! VERY CUTE! For some reason I can't play your videos. This happens once in a while & I don't know why, but I really want to see Mason chase those ducks!! Oh well, maybe i'll get to see the real thing when you guys come visit! I'm really excited about it:)

    ReplyDelete