Monday, October 18, 2010

The Cabin—&—My Two Boys

The Cabin

This past weekend we had the opportunity to hang out with Rob’s family at their cabin near Oakley, Ut. The bright yellow aspens contrasted beautifully with the dark green pines! One of the families has horses, and Mason had fun poking his finger into the nose of a very patient horse. The inlaws and outlaws went for a ride in the mountains in the back of our old truck. We also drove to the picturesque Smith & Moorehouse reservoir. Rob took me on the four wheeler into the mountains which were gorgeous. We rode back late in the day, with the sun lying low on the horizon; making our surroundings appear to be pillowy soft with gilded edges. It was exceptionally relaxing to know Mason was safe with the grandparents back at the cabin while Rob and I had some time to ourselves. The good Lord really blesses us. Thanks so much to Rob’s family for the fun visit (and for drinking all of Mason's whole milk necessitating another trip to the store).

P1010685 P1010607 P1010609 P1010620 P1010671 P1010675 P1010680 P1010681

Baby Boy #2

Today I had my ‘target ultrasound’ to make sure baby is growing properly. It was amazing to see his little hands and feet and face! I also got to see his heart and the four chambers. This was most cool to me, because although I’ve seen many pictures and movies about the heart; and I’ve seen pigs and other animals’ hearts; this was my baby’s and I just thought it was awesome (plus this heart was in full function and when you dissect an animal that is usually not the case). The ultrasound tech said everything looked perfect and he’s in a great position. His length is 6 days ahead of schedule and his weight (1 lb 6 oz) is 5 days over, but that that was ok. She also said he has a cute little nose and a very round little forehead; haha! Sounds like Mason all over again already… Here is a picture of his little foot and his onery little face (I apologize if ultrasound pictures gross anyone out).

face foot

My Mason

Yesterday Mason turned 18 months and also had his first real day of nursery! We only had to rescue him twice for being sad and missing us, so I count it as a success. Today he had his 18 month check-up and his last shot until kindergarten!!!! YEA! Here are his stats: * 25.13 lbs, 50th percentile * 32.5 inches, 50th percentile. He grew TWO full inches since his last appointment; and he’s right there in the middle! The PA said he looks very healthy, wealthy and wise (ok, maybe not the wealthy part). He is where he should be developmentally except for his speech. We were told just to keep working with him on it. The nurse and dr were VERY impressed because he stayed quite calm during the entire visit. The dr kept saying over and over again “most 18 months old just scream and scream”, but not my Mason- as the nurse said, “he’s the perfect specimen of a little boy”!!! And now, for my memory’s sake, some of his daily doings and likes and dislikes.

LIKES:

  • cars, trucks, and diesels especially
  • the Disney movie “Cars”
  • Airplanes
  • the great outdoors
  • any furry, four-legged creature
  • rocks
  • water (as in rivers, lakes, etc)!!!
  • bath time and brushing his teeth
  • his slide and ladder
  • the park
  • swings
  • BOOKS!
  • milk, marshmallows, peaches, tomatoes, bread, pasta, juice, kidney beans, and carrots
  • WHEELS!

DISLIKES:

  • the vacuum
  • bedtime/naptime
  • being indoors
  • the shower
  • baths at other people’s houses
  • getting his diaper on

DAILY DOINGS

Every day we go for a walk outside, and every day he stops at the rock piles and throws rocks around. He especially has fun when the gutter has water in it and he can throw rocks into the water. He waves at every car/truck/etc which drives by. He loves watching dirt fall from his hands/shovel to the ground. We read several books several times a day. He climbs up his treehouse and slides down the slide; makes me roll his truck up the slide to him; and then makes me push him in the swing. He takes a bath each morning and LOVES IT! Each afternoon we go for a little drive to put him down for his nap. Every night he runs to his daddy when he walks in the door from work, and immediately becomes his best friend and most advent follower. I love my little Mason and cannot imagine life without him :)

1014001928

3 comments:

  1. What fun ultrasound pictures! It will be so fun to have two little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!!! How fun. I always love your blogs. They are so fun to read. Mason is the cutest ever and I quite enjoy ultrasound pics, though that has not always been the case. Looks like you guys are having fun. Wish I was closer :'( lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my Amanda!! I apologize for falling off the blogging scene for quite some time, but I am trying to make a comeback. I think it will be so fun to have two the the same gender in a row. Built in friends right?! And you're ultrasound makes me excited. Mine is tomorrow. I am so excited for you, you darling darling girl!

    ReplyDelete