Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ode to Spring

I don't have much to say...only that this weekend's weather was the best!!! It was the perfect temperature and there was the perfect amount of daylight, and the perfect amount of things to do...
We started the day by taking the stroller and heading to a little park/pond we found the other day...on accident. This was at 10 in the morning. We didn't actually make it to the park though until about 12:30pm. You see, with good weather comes yard sales and we must have passed at least a dozen on our way to the park! Rob found an edger for the yard for $7, and I found monopoly and cranium for $10 total! Such a good day...We also met some older folks that had moved here from Florida a few years ago. We sat in their driveway and talked to them for 20 minutes or so...it's always fun to see who you'll meet in a given day. Sorry there are no pictures. I know you are all disappointed. ;)
When we finally made it to the park there were so many cool things to see! I say that because there were a lot of ducks and pelicans...and anybody who knows me knows that I find both creatures extremely fascinating. I know a very witty poem about pelicans, taught to me by my dad, but this is a family friendly site and so cannot be repeated here.
Poor little guy was so tuckered out after the exciting day at yard sales and the park that he couldn't even make it home. After Mason's (and mine) nap we spent the afternoon hanging out in our backyard just soaking up the sun. I read, Rob rested, and Mason tried peaches. We finished the day with a bar-b-que thanks to Rob. Such a perfect day!
Another reason spring is so wonderful??? It's graduation time!!! And this year the last of my sibling graduated from college. YEA SAVANNAH!!! She graduated from UVU with a bachelor's degree in Elementary Education. We are SOOO proud of her and know she'll do great wherever she lands. Good job lil' sis! (She's the one with the thinner face and no weird chocolate looking birthmark on her face) haha!

2 comments:

  1. I never realized how much you two look alike. Loved the pictures. So excited to see you all this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! WARM WEATHER! YOU & ROB! GARAGE SALES! DUCKS & PELICANS! PONDS! WALKS! MASON! GRADUATING! FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete