Monday, March 8, 2010

Copy-Cat

So I have noticed that Mason is quite the copy-cat. These past few weeks I've taken pictures and videos of what I see him doing that he learned from mom and dad. You will notice there's not much he has copied from us that is good or useful; like folding arms for prayers or eating with utensils...silly boy...sillier parents.

This is a video of him helping dad with a spinning target. He saw dad playing with the spinners so then he decided he also needed to make sure they worked.




This would be useful except that whatever is in the cup usually just ends up down the front of him. (Something he also learned from mom).


Don't worry, he's not actually drinking anything in the straw or the coke can. It is a little disturbing though. Start 'em young...

This one is a little hard to tell what he is doing to let me explain.Rob often laughs at the texts he receives; either a funny picture from Aaron of his kids, or something Paul has said. Now whenever Mason has an open phone in his hands he'll do his "fake" laugh at it
.

For the past couple of months Mason has been fascinated with computers, typing and especially the keyboard. It has gotten to be a huge problem because he will often yell and cry if he can't type. To solve the problem we got ourselves a new keyboard and gave him our old $1 special. This worked for a while, but pretty soon he noticed he had been tricked and then he wanted what mom and dad had...again...

One of my favorite things (break into song) is a nice, warm bubble bath. Mason usually has no trouble finding me there, so one time I showed him how fun it was to hold the bubbles in his hands and move them around in the water. Now whenever I am filling up the bathtub he tries to reach down and grab the bubbles.

Ok so this one I don't think he actually learned from Rob and I. In fact I know he didn't. I don't think Rob and I have done what he does to his monkey since before he was born. I also don't think he got it from the TV because we usually wait to watch it until after he's gone to bed. So I am just no sure what he is doing here...I only know what it looks like. I think, though, that he just likes to have soft things in his mouth. He does the same thing with his soft blankets and a couple other of his stuffed animals. Anybody else's child do this, or is mine just crazy???


I guess I should be grateful that he's a good little learner...I just dread the day he learns to speak and witnesses one of mom's "Tourrettes" episodes while driving in the car...



3 comments:

  1. HAHA! These are great! We just watched them as a family & June keeps saying, "again" and "scare dad"(?). June still spills water down the front of her when she uses a cup:) I love the keyboard video! He is such a happy little guy! I wish we could go visit you guys RIGHT NOW!

    Oh, I got the little stick figure family thing on pyzam.com, or you can google search it. And, Logan just started to crawl this last week. It is making me realize how much I have to baby proof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I especially love the one where he's shaking the drink because he's not getting anything up through the straw. I agree it's scary when they start imitating you. I realize what phrases I say a lot, because Dustin repeats them, like Oh my heck, and Oh my gosh! It's pretty funny to hear a 2 1/2 year old say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! I love his little laugh.

    ReplyDelete